Become an accredited Passive House Building Certifier
Building certification is an essential part of the quality assurance process. To address the growing amount of requests for Passive House and EnerPHit certification, the Passive House Institute has developed a concept to train more building certifiers.
- In-depth Passive House experience (several certified Passive House / EnerPHit projects) is a must
- Expertise in the PHPP, as this is used to evaluate the building's energy performance. The PHPP Expert seal is the preferred way to prove this.
- Passive House Designer/Consultant exam successfully passed
- Take part in the certifier’s course
- Contract with PHI as an accredited building certifier
Several steps are required to become an accredited Passive House Building Certifier - click on each box for more details!
Please send your CV to the Passive House Institute, experience in Passive House projects must be clear: state your experience with PHPP and list the projects in which you have worked, including your role. To be considered for the course, you should have worked in a minimum of three certified Passive House or EnerPHit buildings, and at least one of them should be a non-residential project.
The building certifier course consists of six course days at the Passive House Institute, including the following topics:
- Building certification
- Climate data
- Certification of residential Passive Houses
- Certification of non-residential Passive Houses
- Renovation with Passive House components: EnerPHit projects
- Passive House Standard in different climate zones
- iPHA - The International Passive House Association: Passipedia
- PHPP exercises
Participants will receive all the information about the exam during the course. Once the exam is successfully passed, you could be offered a contract to become an accredited building certifier.
Accredited Building Certifiers
You will find in this list all the experts who have been accredited by the Passive House Institute to certify Passive House buildings, EnerPHit retrofits and Low Energy Buildings worldwide on behalf of the Institute and in accordance with their criteria.