Become an accredited Passive House Course/exam Provider
Many thanks for your interest in spreading the knowledge about Passive Houses! To become a course / exam provider and be allowed to use the course material developed by the Passive House Institute, please follow the procedure below. For more information, click on each box!
Fill in and sign the application for accreditation as an examination provider and then send it to us by post or e-mail. We will need the signature of every instructor of the course.
Once we have received the completed application, we will decide whether an applying institution is fit to become a course / exam provider.
If the application is accepted, we will send you the corresponding contracts. There is one contract to become a course / exam provider and one for the right to use the course material (see below).
Train-the-Trainer workshops are offered once per year at the Passive House Institute. These workshop days include expert discussions, detailed information about course materials, exam procedure, teaching techniques and tips and tricks for Passive House classes.
A date for the next Train-the-Trainer workshop ONLINE in English has been set: 12./13. & 16./17. May 2022 (half day courses).
There are no special criteria, but you will need the following:
- Substantiated knowledge and experience (e.g. through certified projects) of new Passive House construction and refurbishment using Passive House components.
- Sound knowledge of building physics fundamentals
- Sufficient construction site experience in the field of highly energy-efficient buildings
- Sufficient experience in adult education (with regards to the instructors who will be holding the lectures)
Please note there is no fee to become an accredited course/exam provider, fees only arise when hosting a Passive House examination.
Passive House course material
You can use your own material for the preparatory courses or the course material developed by the Passive House Institute.
- The course material for designers includes all the necessary information for building Passive Houses, the basics for using PHPP and topics such as renovation, non-residential buildings and Passive Houses in different climate zones. The course material prepares students for the examination to become a certified Passive House designer/consultant.
- The course material for tradespeople provides Passive House basics and practical knowledge for the trades involved. The material is divided into an interdisciplinary part and a subsequent specialisation in the areas of building envelopes and building technology. The course material prepares students for the examination to become a certified Passive House tradesperson.
- The PHPP expert course material covers the advanced functions of PHPP, designPH, bim2PH and thermal bridges. The course material prepares for the examination for the additional certificate "PHPP Expert", which can only be used in conjunction with a valid designer/consultant certificate.
The Construction Verifier material focuses at ensuring the realisation of the designed Passive House quality on the construction site and in building operation as well as improving the process of building certification and thus making it more cost-efficient. The course includes the modules “Navigating Passive House Certification”, “Site Supervisor” and “Commissioning”. It prepares participants for the examination for the additional certificate “Construction Verifier”, which can only be used together with a valid Passive House Designer/Consultant certificate. At the same time, the course module “Site Supervisor”, which concentrates on the important topics relevant to construction sites of large and/or complex Passive House buildings, prepares participants for the corresponding “Site Supervisor” examination. With it, the “Site Supervisor” additional certificate can be achieved, which is only available together with a valid Passive House Tradesperson certificate.
Please note that PH Institute course materials (and their translations) may only be used as preparation for PH Institute exams. Please contact us if you wish to use our course material without offering an exam.
The course material is available in different languages (or under translation). Please contact us to acquire the right to use the course material in your language. Qualified course/exam providers can also be given the right to translate the course material.