Become a Passive House Trainer
Passive House Trainers are instructors for designer or tradesperson courses or for the additional courses. They are part of the course provider team or are course providers themselves. The trainer certificate is awarded after conclusion of an agreement with PHI. Please contact the Passive House Insitute Training Team if you are interested.
Please note: This additional certificate illustrates competence in relation to Passive House training, but does not entitle the holder to carry out PHI exams. Offering PHI exams is regulated in the exam provider contract. Information on how to become an exam provider can be found here.
Prerequisites for the acquisition of the certificate are:
- A valid designer/consultant certificate
- iPHA membership
- Experience in the field of further education / training / lectures
- Profound knowledge and experience (certified projects) regarding Passive Houses, building physics and building sites
- Completion of the "train the trainer" course (offered by the PHI in the framework of the annual international Passive House conference)
- Conclusion of a contract with the PHI
This additional certificate can only be used in conjunction with a valid Passive House designer/consultant certificate.
Additional certificates do not have to be renewed themselves. They are automatically renewed by the renewal of the main certificate (here the Passive House designer/consultant certificate).